Keep an Island State of Mind...

... and your Feet in the Sand.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

meyer lemon



Picked up my new copy of edible East End (celebrating the Harvest of the Hamptons + North Fork) - Spring 2010

Absolutely stunning articles and photography! Check it out online here.

There is a great article on growing citrus... from one suburban farmer to another, called Meditations of Meyer Lemon.

Anyone ever tried to do this yourself???


(via)

We were actually hoping to plant some fruit trees! Maybe I can get some tips!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

thank you for becoming a follower of my blog! do post pictures if you decide to start growing your own citrus :) i think the trees are lovely!

timeoutmama said...

I LOVE lemons...well, I love looking and decorating with lemons, so I started collecting fake ones and displaying in centerpieces! Good luck with the fruit trees...I think you should plant one for Earth day! :)

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

I am thinking that if I ever come into a lot of money I am buying a ton of land and becoming a farmer, haha. My husband's grandparents are farmers and they practically live off of what they grow on their land. It is such a rewarding (and tasty) profession!

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be great to have a lemon tree? So pretty (and yummy). Best of luck with growing yours. I'm jealous. :-)

Dognbird said...

I love the idea of planting fruit trees! I actually gifted two to my friend when she had twins.

MIW 2nd Inspiration Board Contest Winner

MIW 2nd Inspiration Board Contest Winner
Iced Tangerine

Our First Inspiration Board Winner!!!

Our First Inspiration Board Winner!!!
by Brenda's Wedding Blog

My Island Wedding Inspiration Board

My Island Wedding Inspiration Board
by The Perfect Palette

Another Inspiration Board for MIW

Another Inspiration Board for MIW
by grey likes weddings

to me for my 40th

to me for my 40th
by birthday girl