Keep an Island State of Mind...

... and your Feet in the Sand.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Inspiration Board - Tight Buns



OK, I'm not talking about the "tight buns" on your High School Football Star Ex-Boyfriend... (Go #88!!!)

I have this thing for tightly pulled back hair with pretty accessories; flowers, jeweled tiaras, glittery clips, etc. The above images are from TheKnot.com.

Reminiscent of Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's and My Fair Lady. (Isn't she fabulous?) The images below are from Google.com




Love her as much as I do? Check out AudreyHepburn.com. It's got info on her Children's Fund, UNICEF, events and a great photo gallery. Enjoy.

5 comments:

diamondsinchampagne said...

Oh Audrey Hepburn, the best inspiration you can have. You want to be as elegant as you can be on your wedding, so she is a wonderful reference.

(I just love weddings, I used to work at a bridal registry, and have always had a hidden passion to be a wedding planner - great blog :D)

Adrienne said...

I agree I love this look....but I like it on other people. I never seem to be able to pull it off, I always end up looking bald or scary, or that I was just in a hurry and pulled my hair back. Either way, these pics are gorgeous and I only wish I could pull this off!

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

Thanks for the comments...

You know what's funny about the tight bun... I told my hairdresser the day of my wedding, I wanted to look like Grace Kelly. But I was afraid that my (way too blonde) hair would blend into my scalp that I would look bald in all my photos!

Darker hair would have been better for that look... Or, to look like Grace Kelly! Yum.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh...Audrey Hepburn as hairspiration, suuuch a good call! I've been looking around for a good hairstyle for our wedding. It's in June and I want it OFF of my neck and face, so a major updo is necessary. Thanks for the thoughts! :)

Kristin said...

I love the bottom right hairstyle on your inspiration board. Something simple like this is perfect when you have a stunning floral hair pin in there!

Beautiful ideas!

MIW 2nd Inspiration Board Contest Winner

MIW 2nd Inspiration Board Contest Winner
Iced Tangerine

Our First Inspiration Board Winner!!!

Our First Inspiration Board Winner!!!
by Brenda's Wedding Blog

My Island Wedding Inspiration Board

My Island Wedding Inspiration Board
by The Perfect Palette

Another Inspiration Board for MIW

Another Inspiration Board for MIW
by grey likes weddings

to me for my 40th

to me for my 40th
by birthday girl