Keep an Island State of Mind...

... and your Feet in the Sand.

Monday, April 12, 2010

brie + shallot parisian burger



Anybody else itchin' to BBQ????

(This recipe from Weber looks so yummy!!!)

Recipe from Weber’s Way to Grill™ by Jamie Purviance

Prep Time: 30 minutes
Marinating Time:
Grilling Time: 8 to 10 minutes
1 cup thinly sliced shallots
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

Patties
1-1/2 pounds ground chuck (80% lean)
3 tablespoons fine dry bread crumbs
3 tablespoons beef or chicken broth
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

2 ounces Brie cheese (not the triple cream variety)
4 round crusty rolls, each about 4 inches in diameter
1/3 cup whole-grain mustard
2 cups baby arugula

1. In a medium skillet over low heat, combine the shallots with the oil and cook until they are browned but not scorched, about 20 minutes, stirring often. Let cool to room temperature.

2. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat (450° to 550°F). In a large bowl gently mix the patty ingredients and shape into 4 patties of equal size and thickness. Make a hole in the center of each patty for the cheese.

3. Trim away the rind of the Brie and bury the cheese, about 1/4 ounce for each patty, into the hole of each patty. Close the opening to seal the cheese inside. It’s important that there is one-third of an inch of meat on the top and bottom of the cheese so it doesn’t seep out.

4. Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the patties over direct high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until cooked to medium, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once when the patties release easily from the grate without sticking. During the last minute of cooking time, toast the buns, cut sides down, over direct heat.

5. Assemble the burgers with shallots, mustard, and arugula. Serve warm.

Serves 4

10 comments:

JennyLee said...

If I were a meat eater I would be all over this. Sounds yum! I'm sure my husband would love it!

Jules said...

This sounds so good! I'm ready to fire up the grill.

Unknown said...

Mmmmm - looks amazing!!

Mrs T said...

Mmm burgers

red.neck chic said...

I'm fairly certain that you could have possibly just heard my stomach growl...

that looks SO good!!!

;-) robelyn

The Southbay Newlyweds said...

yummy!

Unknown said...

I love the shallot twist on the burger--sounds yummy!

timeoutmama said...

Yum! This might be done on the BBQ very very soon I'm thinking!!

Courtney said...

I'm a vegetarian, but if I ate meat, I'd want this for sure. I know my husband would be game for trying it though!

CAKE Creative Co. said...

oh heck yeah! i already ate dinner, so why does this still look so yummy? :)

MIW 2nd Inspiration Board Contest Winner

MIW 2nd Inspiration Board Contest Winner
Iced Tangerine

Our First Inspiration Board Winner!!!

Our First Inspiration Board Winner!!!
by Brenda's Wedding Blog

My Island Wedding Inspiration Board

My Island Wedding Inspiration Board
by The Perfect Palette

Another Inspiration Board for MIW

Another Inspiration Board for MIW
by grey likes weddings

to me for my 40th

to me for my 40th
by birthday girl