Keep an Island State of Mind...

... and your Feet in the Sand.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Grandma's Table


OK, let's talk Turkey. I always loved having Thanksgiving at my Grandparent's house growing up. The smells in the kitchen, good food and my Grandma using her special dishes.

There is something about Transferware that will always remind me of her and Thanksgiving. I don't believe her dishes were rare or expensive or anything like that, but I am glad to have a few of her pieces to use at my own table.

Anyone read Country Living Magazine? These images of Platters and Plates are from Country Living.com. Check it out for good ideas on Registering, or just going down memory lane.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I want those plates for my apartment. Badly.

Anonymous said...

So pretty and toile-like. I heart toile.

Have a great week!
xoxo

amy (metz) walker said...

Love these!

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

Aren't they fantastic? Anyone else have these kind of dishes in their memories???

MIW 2nd Inspiration Board Contest Winner

MIW 2nd Inspiration Board Contest Winner
Iced Tangerine

Our First Inspiration Board Winner!!!

Our First Inspiration Board Winner!!!
by Brenda's Wedding Blog

My Island Wedding Inspiration Board

My Island Wedding Inspiration Board
by The Perfect Palette

Another Inspiration Board for MIW

Another Inspiration Board for MIW
by grey likes weddings

to me for my 40th

to me for my 40th
by birthday girl