Keep an Island State of Mind...

... and your Feet in the Sand.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Introverted Painting

Did everyone see yesterday's post Bridezilla Marries Groucho? Well, Bridezilla (a.k.a. the Introverted Wife, a.k.a. Sabrina) also paints! (see her Etsy shop)

I first saw her mentioned on Rachel's The Girl Learning Along The Way. She wrote an article about "Wedding Dress as Art"..., and it intrigued me! I wanted my wedding dress painted too! She just does the clothing, not faces, bodies, etc...



(This is Rachel's)

Well, I contacted Sabrina and she got back to me and just said, all I needed to do was send her a photo or two of my dress and she would work on it.

Now, I got married before the Digital Revolution, so I had to rip apart my wedding album, but I found 4 of my favorites. I scanned and emailed them over to her with a note saying "I know you don't do people, but what about animals?"

We had the pleasure of bringing our dog to our "Destination Wedding" on Block Island, RI... (almost 8 years ago) and one of the pics I sent her had a great shot of our dog with my sister's bouquet in front of her.

I tell you... in no time at all Sabrina said she was done. She emailed me a photo of it. I could not take my eyes off of our doggie! The clothing came out great too but boy did Sabrina capture the essence of our precious dog. I couldn't stop smiling.

I cried a little too, as our dog passed away this January. It is still very hard for me and my husband, so I actually waited a week or so after it arrived in the mail to show him. I wasn't sure how he would react. He misses our doggie so much. One day soon, I will hang it up, but for now... here it is! What do you all think?

6 comments:

Ellen Mint said...

I do it for super cheap too. ;)

JennyLee said...

OMG that is so sweet. It's perfect!

Hayley Mae said...

Kelley,
I would love for you to use my cupcakes, but that picture is off the site where I ordered my cup cake stand from!
http://www.cupcaketree.com/
I will have pictures up of mine after the wedding of course that is not until August First!!! :)

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

(I almost mentioned the "super cheap" price..., but thought maybe I got some sort of deal!!! HA!)

Unknown said...

i love this painting! this was the one that inspired me to ask Sabrina to do a painting for me! She even included our dog AND cat. she's amazing. Will have my blog post about it up and running very soon!!!

Cheap Wife said...

awwww :-(
you post ending touched my heart. My FI and I have a pooch who is the center of our world. I can understand how meaningful that must be...and why it's too soon to hang it up.
Sending hugs from one dog lover to another. Sorry you lost your dog.

MIW 2nd Inspiration Board Contest Winner

MIW 2nd Inspiration Board Contest Winner
Iced Tangerine

Our First Inspiration Board Winner!!!

Our First Inspiration Board Winner!!!
by Brenda's Wedding Blog

My Island Wedding Inspiration Board

My Island Wedding Inspiration Board
by The Perfect Palette

Another Inspiration Board for MIW

Another Inspiration Board for MIW
by grey likes weddings

to me for my 40th

to me for my 40th
by birthday girl