Keep an Island State of Mind...

... and your Feet in the Sand.

Monday, February 8, 2010

a blue dog and football



I don't know much about football, but when the superbowl came around this year, I just knew I had to cheer for New Orleans!!! Didn't know anything about their history, but knew I loved that magical city!!!

I spent 6 weeks there in July of 1996? 1995? No I think it was '96...

I worked for an insurance company at the time and was down there helping people settle their flood claims...

The people were incredible, the food (that's a whole other post) and the art...

I took tons of personal photos on that trip and have a great one of a musician playing in front of an art gallery. Turns out it was the famous George Rodrigue's... and his Blue Dog has been in my heart ever since.

Shrimp Po Boys?
Blackened Anything?
Gumbo?
Oysters?
Crawfish?

Like I said, the food is for another post...

Fell in love with the city and with all that has happened recently, it has crushed me. I'm glad to say I have been there and that their football team kicked some butt last night!!!

2 comments:

Summer Athena said...

thanks for the post! my hometown!

love it!

my dad sent up crawfish and fresh to us up here so we could make poboys!

GEAUX SAINTS! We believed!

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

i was so excited to sew NO win on Sunday! I love Drew Brees and Reggie Bush and like it when the underdog pulls it off in a good game! How great you have been there...one of these days I'll get there, too :)

MIW 2nd Inspiration Board Contest Winner

MIW 2nd Inspiration Board Contest Winner
Iced Tangerine

Our First Inspiration Board Winner!!!

Our First Inspiration Board Winner!!!
by Brenda's Wedding Blog

My Island Wedding Inspiration Board

My Island Wedding Inspiration Board
by The Perfect Palette

Another Inspiration Board for MIW

Another Inspiration Board for MIW
by grey likes weddings

to me for my 40th

to me for my 40th
by birthday girl