Keep an Island State of Mind...

... and your Feet in the Sand.

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Storybook Wedding


"From the time Missy Moulton was a little girl, she'd loved the picture book A Royal Wedding, which, incidentally, had been written by her uncle Mark Kimball Moulton, who is also her godfather. In the book, a beautiful al fresco wedding is held for a spider and a mouse. So, last summer, that's exactly what unfolded in Riverton, Conn"

(photos and above quote from Country Living Magazine.)


There is something about all the elements of this wedding that appeals to me. It has such personality as well as meaning. "Cookie Cutter Wedding" would not be the way to describe this event.

It makes me smile..., and the shot of the couple with their dog makes me remember my wedding in 2001 where we brought our dog, on a ferry, to an island, to a hotel that did "Not Allow Dogs." They made an exception for us, and there is a phenomenal photo of the 3 of us (I'll have to dig it up)...

Our beloved dog died this January. I'm forever grateful to the Spring House Hotel on Block Island for letting us bring her.

Weddings can evoke such emotion. Go with it.

NEVER be cookie cutters.

No comments:

MIW 2nd Inspiration Board Contest Winner

MIW 2nd Inspiration Board Contest Winner
Iced Tangerine

Our First Inspiration Board Winner!!!

Our First Inspiration Board Winner!!!
by Brenda's Wedding Blog

My Island Wedding Inspiration Board

My Island Wedding Inspiration Board
by The Perfect Palette

Another Inspiration Board for MIW

Another Inspiration Board for MIW
by grey likes weddings

to me for my 40th

to me for my 40th
by birthday girl