Keep an Island State of Mind...

... and your Feet in the Sand.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Spring House View



I bought this a few months back from Art.com. It's called "Spring House View" by Daniel Pollera. Now, I got married at the Spring House Hotel on Block Island, Rhode Island..., and this painting looks just like the view from there!!!

Missing Block Island but going for a visit real soon! Just can't wait... haven't been there since my first anniversary back in 2002.

This is to get me in the mood!
Have a great Monday everyone.


About the Artwork

Daniel Pollera’s serene artwork magically transports viewers to secluded beaches and peaceful seaside bungalows. Born and educated in Long Island, Pollera continues to live there in one of its coastal towns, where he draws inspiration from his tranquil surroundings. Rendered in acrylics, his photographic quality portraits of peaceful seascapes express a strong mood—often a longing for a simpler life. Self-taught, Pollera has worked with Everett Molina, the head of the National Mural Society. His art has been featured in Boating World Magazine, newsday, the New York Times, in a department store, and on a book cover.
© Art.com

2 comments:

{kara} said...

i would love that view right about now! I am sure your wedding was amazing! By the way, did you see that you happened to win my give away Kelly? Pop onto my blog and read the "giveaway" post. Happy Monday!

Sabine, La Marquise des anges said...

... miss you :)

MIW 2nd Inspiration Board Contest Winner

MIW 2nd Inspiration Board Contest Winner
Iced Tangerine

Our First Inspiration Board Winner!!!

Our First Inspiration Board Winner!!!
by Brenda's Wedding Blog

My Island Wedding Inspiration Board

My Island Wedding Inspiration Board
by The Perfect Palette

Another Inspiration Board for MIW

Another Inspiration Board for MIW
by grey likes weddings

to me for my 40th

to me for my 40th
by birthday girl