Keep an Island State of Mind...

... and your Feet in the Sand.

Monday, June 15, 2009

wedding graduate

A Practical Wedding did a great post on The East Side Bride!!!

She's "Been There, and Done That" already and she is way hipper than me too!!!

Check out both their sites and all the fantastic tips...

Here they are to get you started:

"1. Don't go overboard with the wedding blogs. I know…. right? They will give you a complex.

2. Delegate. Early. Our wedding was essentially made by our friends and family: the baker/shirtmaker, the stylist/photographer, the chef, the musicians, the sculptor, the potter, the painter, the gardener, the director, the expert shopper, the mad organizer…. Honestly, I'm a better delegator than a DIY'er. I have good ideas, and then I look around to see who can help me make them happen. And a very happy byproduct of wedding planning was that we found ourselves talking to far-away friends more often. By the time the wedding rolled around it felt like a big party we were all throwing together.

3. Know when to let go. Two days before the wedding, your to-do list will seem insurmountable. It is. Take a fat sharpie, cross out three big projects, and get some sleep. Seriously.

4. The vows are more important than any of the crafty sh*t. We wrote our vows together, and we labored to make them simple and personal. In fact, I drove my almost-husband bonkers obsessing over them. But the vows are what people talked about. And because we memorized them and practiced saying them to aloud each other, they are imbedded in my brain. I love that."

No comments:

MIW 2nd Inspiration Board Contest Winner

MIW 2nd Inspiration Board Contest Winner
Iced Tangerine

Our First Inspiration Board Winner!!!

Our First Inspiration Board Winner!!!
by Brenda's Wedding Blog

My Island Wedding Inspiration Board

My Island Wedding Inspiration Board
by The Perfect Palette

Another Inspiration Board for MIW

Another Inspiration Board for MIW
by grey likes weddings

to me for my 40th

to me for my 40th
by birthday girl